🇰🇷 The KPop & JPop Thread 🇯🇵

Day and Night is definitely the best track out of the new four from the Move repackage.

Excited to hear about BLACKPINK’s comeback. When will they release a damn mini or full album.

Never. They’re with YG who likes to constantly troll his entire roster. Like I said, we’ll more than likely get a digital single containing either a single new track or that and an acoustic version of one of the previous singles and then we won’t hear from them for another year.

He does seem to somewhat unfairly favour his male artists as opposed to his female artists. But then I guess that just comes down to the target demographic (teenage girls and women) obviously and understandably favouring boy bands with attractive members more than girl groups. From a business point of view, boy bands are just more marketable and more likely to be successful, which is unfortunate.

I’ve been listening to Lip and Hip on repeat lately. So good.

It’s out. :santa:

THE KINGS HAVE RETURNED :raised_hands::raised_hands:

Don’t fuck with my emotions, SM.

Rumoured comeback in Summer, Amber solo comeback and f(x) unit SM Station release

YES!! I’VE BEEN JAMMING ALL DAY!

ofc the EXO-L cover would be the best.

pre-orders the Suho, D.O. and Chen covers

According to the LOOΠΔ facebook, it looks like the
two Chuu tracks are “Sweet Like Candy” and “Delicious.”

SHINee’s Jonghyun has been found dead.

According to Yonhap News, around 6 pm on December 18, Jonghyun’s older sister found Jonghyun unconscious at his home in Gangnam, Seoul. He was immediately rushed to the hospital, however, ultimately passed away.

Police suspect suicide as his sister has made reports around 4:42 pm, stating, “I think Jonghyun is about to commit suicide.”

The police also stated that they’ve found a frying pan with brown liquid at Jonghyun’s residence. It’s assumed the unknown substance has led to his death.

Oh my god :worried:

This is incredibly sad. :worried:

Although this is terrible, maybe… hopefully, it will be the catalyst for the mental health conversation that Korea needs. I understand mental health isn’t taken as seriously in Asia as it is in many Western countries.

I’m just… speechless.

I’ve lost two of my favourites to depression this year and as someone that suffers from many of the same things as both, this just breaks my fucking heart.

We love you!!! Depression is a motherfucker, and I hate that it isn’t talked about so that way those like Jonghyun don’t feel alone. Truly sad.

Jonghyun's final letter.

I’m broken on the inside.
The depression that slowly gnawed away at me eventually devoured me.
I couldn’t overcome it.
I hated myself. I resolved to hold on to memories and shouted at myself to come to my senses, but there was no answer.
If there is no way to relieve stifling breath, it’s better to just stop.
I asked who can be responsible for me.
It’s only you.
I was utterly alone.
It’s easy to say you’re going to end things.
It’s hard to actually end things.
I lived with that difficulty this whole time.
You told me that I wanted to escape.
That’s right. I wanted to escape.
From me.
From you.
You asked who is over there. I said it was me. I said it was me again. And I said it was me again.
I asked why I keep forgetting my memories. You told me it was because of my personality. I see. I see that everything is my fault in the end.
I hoped that people would notice but nobody knew. You never met me so of course you would not know I was there.
You asked why I live. Just because. Just because. Everyone just lives just because.
If you ask why people die, they would probably say it’s because they’re exhausted.
I suffered and agonised about it. I never learned how to turn this pain into happiness.
Pain is just pain.
I tried to push myself past it.
Why? Why am I keeping myself from putting an end to it all?
I was told to search for the reason why it hurts.
I know all too well. I’m hurting because of me. It’s all my fault, because I was born this way.
Doctor, is this what you wanted to hear?
No. I didn’t do anything wrong.
When you told me in that calm voice that it’s because of my personality, I thought how easy it must be to be a doctor.
It’s almost fascinating, that it hurts this much. People that have it harder than me seem to get along just fine. People weaker than me get along just fine. But that must not be true. Among the people in this world, no one has it harder than me, and no one is weaker than me.
But I still tried to live.
I asked myself why I had to do so hundreds of times, and it was never for me. It was for you.
I wanted to do something for me.
Please stop telling me things you don’t understand.
You tell me to figure out why I’m having a hard time. I told you several times why. Am I not allowed to be this sad just for those reasons? Does it have to be more specific and dramatic? Do I need to have better reasons?
I already told you. Were you even listening? Things you can overcome don’t remain as scars.
I guess I was not meant to confront the world.
I guess I was not meant to lead a life in the public eye.
That’s why it was hard. Confronting the world, and being in the public eye. Why did I make those decisions. It’s ridiculous.
It’s great that I even made it this far.
What more can I say. Just tell me I did well.
Tell me I did well enough and that I went through a lot.
Even if you can’t smile while sending me off, don’t say it’s my fault.
You did well.
You really went through a lot.
Goodbye.

// Who's Online (Guests Fix)